Here are some dating tips from the second episode of Confessions of a Matchmaker with Patti Novak. You can catch the show on A&E:
Episode 2 (John) – Dating Tips:
- On the first date, don’t talk about self-esteem issues (i.e. John was a 41-year old virgin and Novak tolk him never to talk about that on a first date).
- Show self-esteem and self-confidence (even if you have to “fake” it).
- Don’t talk about your past dating history on a first date.
- Don’t talk about anything painful in your past on a first date.
- If you’re asked about your dating history, simply say, “you know I’ve dated a lot of girls/guys… I just haven’t met the right one yet” and leave it at that.
What I love about this show is that the advice Patti Novak gives is right on. These are tips everyone should follow. Interestingly enough, in this episode John’s date with a woman didn’t go so well and after some further discussion, Novak presented the idea of him going on a casual date with a guy. He agreed and seemed to have a much better time.