In this final episode of season one of Confessions of a Matchmaker, Patti Novak works with Melba (a wild mom) and Sean K. (who blogs about his sex life).
Here are some dating tips that can be learned from this episode…
Episode 13 (Sean K. and Melba) – Dating Tips:
– “When sex becomes an obsession, it can get in the way of finding real love.”
– “If you want a good guy, you gotta be a good girl.”
– If you’ve done things in your life that you are not proud of, forgive yourself, learn from it, and move on.
– When you go on a date, keep your drinking under control.
– It is highly inappropriate to write or blog about your sexual experiences with dates… especially when you mention them by name!
– As mentioned in previous posts/episodes, it is inappropriate to talk about sex on the first date.
Judging from the number of searches of people looking for Sean’s blog, one would wonder if he really deleted it or not! I was really disappointed in Sean because he claimed to be a gentleman, yet on his date he was all about sexual innuendos, disrespecting his date and turning her off to him real quick. Out of all the episodes this season, I think Sean is the most hopeless. Until he learns how to properly treat a woman, he’ll never find one that he can experience true love with.
Melba seemed to learn, particularly when Patti gave her a male version of herself for a date. Sometimes that’s what we need – to see ourselves in a mirror – in order to make an improvement to our lifestyle.
That’s it for the first season of Confessions of a Matchmaker. Thirteen episodes was too short for this first season. It is unknown at this time whether or not A&E will renew Confessions of a Matchmaker. They did move it from a great time slot to a unfavorable time slot in mid-season and that’s never a good sign.