Here are some dating tips, offered by matchmaker Patti Novak, from the fourth episode of Confessions of a Matchmaker:
Episode 4 (Mary) – Dating Tips:
- Don’t keep a list of “requirements” for the type of person you want to date.
- Consider a haircut (or look) to make you look younger. Stay away from things that make you look older.
- Sexual innuendos or bantering can make your date feel uncomfortable.
- When on a date, flirting with the waiter/waitress or someone else (except your date) is highly inappropriate.
- You should hold a conversation on your date, not a “job interview”.
Not as many tips in this episode as half of it was dedicated to a speed dating event that Novak’s business was putting on. The irony of people who are picky (and making lists) is that they may miss out on their true soul-mate because of a list. Matters of the heart can be predetermined with a “list” and lists only serve to create a more shallow dating (and romantic) experience.
For those that didn’t see this episode, Mary had a list of 42 things that a guy must meet in order to be a potential boyfriend. Novak had to get her to burn her list and put “requirements” out of her mind in order to make her matchable material.