Episode 11 of Confessions of a Matchmaker follows matchmaker Patti Novak as she helps Mike (a man with a busy lifestyle) and Sue (who doesn’t know how to flirt). Here are some dating tips that can be gained from this episode:
Episode 11 (Mike and Sue) – Dating Tips:
– Never put yourself down on a date. It will cause your date to look down on you or lose interest quick. If you can’t say nothing nice about yourself, then don’t say anything at all!
– If you want to fall in love, you have to make time for it. Love requires commitment.
– Keep inappropriate remarks to yourself.
– Don’t be too aggressive (or “in your face”) on a first date. It turns people off.
– Don’t be sarcastic on a date and don’t say rude things to your date.
– Learn to flirt.
– Keep a clean living space. It is representative of you.
– If you have self esteem issues, work on those first before going on dates.
This was an interesting episode because we saw some new things. Patti Novak gave Sue lessons on flirting and sent her on a date to try them out. However, instead of practicing what she had learned, she proceeded to tell her date, “I’m a very bad flirt” then told her the things Novak was teaching her. Bad idea! It’s appropriate to practice things you are learning, but probably not so good to tell your date about it. That kind of ruins the whole purpose.
I really didn’t get Mike at first. He has an ultra busy lifestyle, promises Novak he’ll change that to find love, then doesn’t call the people she matches him with because he is “too busy”?! If you want someone to share your life with, you must put an effort into finding that person and in fostering your relationship.
Favorite line from this episode:
Patti Novak finally gets Mike to set up a date in his busy schedule. The camera cuts to the minature golf course where Mike is waiting for his date to arrive. Novak says, “The date was off to an unbelievable start. To begin with, Mike showed up!”